On March 31st 2010, Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions announced results of the September 2009 competition for AHFMR Independent Investigator Awards. The following members of the Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta were successful in their applications:
- S.R. Wayne Chen – Molecular Basis and Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Wayne was one of only four successful applicants province-wide in this category (twelve applied)
Health Scholar (new)
- Braden J. Manns – Determining the Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness of Chronic Disease Management Programs for Patients with Diabetes
- Braden was the only successful applicant province-wide in this category (six applied)
Health Scholar (Population Health Investigator to Health Scholar)
- Hude Quan – Innovation in Methodology for Health Services Research
- Hude was one of only two successful applicants province-wide in this category (eight applied)
Please visit the Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions web-site for the full announcement.
Statistics for this cycle of awards can be found here.