The 3rd Annual Libin Research Day on November 2nd 2009 is just around the corner!
The ER Smith Lecture will be delivered by Dr. James Weiss, the Kawata Professor of Medicine and Physiology and Chief, Division of Cardiology at the University of California Los Angeles. The topic will be: Sudden Cardiac Death: The Chaos lurking within
Dr. Weiss’ current research utilizes systems approaches integrating experimental biology at the molecular to organ levels with mathematical modeling and nonlinear dynamics. His specific areas of engagement include arrhythmia biology and ischemia biology and cardioprotection.
- Theatre One, Health Sciences Centre, UCalgary
- Breakfast – 8:30am
- Research presentations – 9:00am
- Lunch and Poster viewing – 12:30pm
- Poster author presentations – 2:00pm
- ER Smith lecture – 3:00-pm
- Awards and Reception – 4:00pm